Today we’re shining the spotlight on author Linda Strader. Find out about her new release below.
About the Author
Originally from Syracuse, New York, Ms. Strader moved to Prescott, Arizona with her family in 1972. In 1976, she became one of the first women on a U.S. Forest Service fire crew in the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson.
Summers of Fire: A Memoir of Adventure, Love and Courage is her first book, scheduled for publication on May 1st, 2018 by Bedazzled Ink Publishing. She is currently working on a prequel.
About the Book
Linda Strader is one of the first women hired on a fire crew with the U.S. Forest Service. A naïve twenty-year-old in the mid 1970s, she discovers fighting wildfires is challenging—but in a man’s world, they become only one of the challenges she faces. Battling fire is exhilarating, yet exhausting; the discrimination real and sometimes in her face.
Summers of Fire is an Arizona to Alaska adventure story that honestly recounts the seven years she ventures into the heart of fires that scorch the land, vibrant friendships that fire the soul, and deep love that ends in devastating heartbreak.
In addition to writing, Ms. Strader is a landscape architect, certified arborist, and watercolor artist. She currently lives in the same area where her Forest Service career began.
Connect with the Author
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/Summers-Fire-Memoir-Linda-Strader/dp/1945805668/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1518614536&sr=1-1&keywords=Linda+Strader
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Summers-Fire-Memoir-Linda-Strader/dp/1945805668/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520767588&sr=1-1&keywords=Linda+Strader
Does anyone know of a twelve year old boy who isn’t sometimes a pain? I raised three of them and taught sixth grade, so I know that age can be challenging. Well, Ethan is no different.
I’d intended to make all three of The Chronicles of Ethan Grimley III books into one book and tell the story from start to finish, but, apparently, Ethan has other ideas. He just can’t seem to stay out of trouble long enough to make one book, so it looks like I’ll be keeping it as a trilogy and just make the three books a set inside the larger series.
All that being said, I’ve finished the first draft rewrite of book one and am in the revision process. I’m hoping to have that book out in June, if Ethan behaves himself and does what he’s supposed to.
Thanks to all those who’ve supported Ethan up until this point. I hope you’ll continue to check back and see how things are coming. For those who like to be part of the process, I’ve got a page on my website with some possible covers. I’d love some opinions on them.
Today we’d like to give a warm welcome to author L. Salt.
She’s an accomplished author with a fascinating blog, well worth reading, and a short story in the upcoming Full Metal Horror (releasing on April 15). Keep reading for a look at her novel, coming soon.
Now on pre-order!!!!
His Personal Reich An action/thriller novella by L. Salt
Release date: April 26, 2018
Pre-order link: http://mybook.to/HPReich
#Thriller #Action #Mystery #CrazyInk
Andrea Zissman was brought up by her strict grandmother and never knew the truth about her family. When her mother dies at a special care home, the only legacy she leaves her daughter is a mysterious envelope full of old photos. Andrea finds out that her father, a scientist who studied the energy of Aurora Borealis, didn’t die in an avalanche in the French Alps, but was killed by members of some mysterious neo-Nazis’ colony somewhere on a remote Icelandic island. Moreover, she has an older brother she has never seen before. Desperate to find her brother and bring to justice her father’s murderers, Andrea meets Leon Callais, a flamboyant, scandalous journalist, who is on the hunt for the Nazi super weapon “Nothung”, a device which can open a portal to other dimensions. He believes that death of Andrea’s father and “Nothung” are connected. The investigation leads Andrea and Leon to Iceland where they are determined to discover the truth about the neo-Nazis’ colony, its secret weapon, and Andrea’s family. However, the colonists give them an extremely cold welcome. Now, they need to fight not only for the truth but also for their own lives.
Learn more about L. Salt at the following links:
Let’s give a warm welcome to our spotlighted author, Sandra J. Jackson.
A graduate of a 3-year Graphic Design program, Sandra J. Jackson has always been creative, from drawing and painting to telling stories to her children when they were young. Her wild imagination lends itself to new and exciting ideas.
Sandra’s debut novel, Promised Soul, was released in 2015 and Playing in the Rain (Book 1 of the Escape Series) in September 2017 by Fountain Blue Publishing. A short story, Not Worth Saving, was published in New Zenith Magazine’s 2016 fall issue. She also has had several sports articles published in a local newspaper. She holds a professional membership with the Canadian Author Association and is a member of Writers’ Ink.
Sandra lives with her family in a rural setting in Eastern, Ontario. She is currently working on Book 3 of the Escape Series, her first trilogy.
A Little About Sandra
- What genres do your writings fall under? What age group? I consider myself a multi-genre author. I like to read many genres so it’s fun to explore writing them as well. My books are anywhere from age 16 and up.
- Can you tell us about your upcoming book? My upcoming book would be book 2 of the Escape Series. The book itself is finished but I have yet to edit it. I am waiting to finish writing the third book and then will edit the second.
- Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?While most things in my books are purely imagined there is always a little bit of me and my experiences included in my writing.
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? I suppose that would depend on what book. I have a few favourite chapters in Promised Soul, one of which is a dream sequence. In it the character, Mary, is fighting to keep herself and younger brother and sister from sliding out a hole torn in the side of their ship. For me it’s interesting to write about something I haven’t experienced and yet try and put myself in that position, imagining what it would be like and all the emotions that would go with it. In Playing in the Rain, one of my favourite chapters is when the character April, enters a bedroom after hearing a noise. I won’t go into too much detail as to not give anything away, but again it’s fun to explore.
- How did you come up with the title? My titles are derived from the last line of the book. I always have an idea how I want my story to end. I make sure that the last line has a phrase that can be used as the title.
- What project are you working on now? I am working on finishing the third book of my Escape series trilogy.
- Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers? Build your author platform before you get published. Start a blog and get people to know who you are. 2. When you finally finish a book, find an editor to edit it properly. This is not a family member or a friend (unless they’re an actual editor). I’ve been reading a lot of books lately from self-published authors who have not had their work properly edited. As a reader, it is very distracting for me when I read books (even if the story itself is good) that is full of grammatical errors (I’m talking on every page) or isn’t written well technically. There are a lot of technical elements that a writer should be aware of – do the research. I am still learning these techniques and applying them to my own work.
- Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans? Thank you!!!!!! I appreciate all my readers.
- Do you also work a day job? How does it inspire your writing? Yes, I work full time as a financial assistant. So far it has not inspired anything but you never know.
- What’s your favorite comfort food? Pasta would be my go to comfort food. I also have a sweet tooth so just about any baked good will do. And chocolate, can’t forget about chocolate.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/sandrajjackson.author
Twitter handle: @sjjacksonauthor
WordPress link: http://sandrajjackson.wordpress.com
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and a blessed spring! May many blessings come your way.