So, blog awards aren’t always my thing, but I really like one that’s going around: the Happiness Tag. It’s just a request to say the things that make you happy, and then ask others the same question. Since I’m writing a food blog, I’ll use this happiness tag to talk about some foods that have […]
I saw this on Recipe in a Bottle and thought the idea of a happiness tag was awesome! I’m so glad she did this.
Her post got me thinking about things that really make me happy, which is something I’ve needed lately.
I love to read and visit different worlds, and I love to create things. That being the case, the focus of this Happiness Tag is books and creations. So, here goes…
- Midkemia – This is my all time favorite, even above and beyond my own world of Grevared. Created by Raymond E. Feist, Midkemia is a world of magic. There are the elves of Elvandar and the dwarves of Stone Mountain. Then, of course, is Pug the magician. We get to see all aspects of life in this world, rather than just a small portion of it, and I love that. I’ve spent many a happy hour trekking from Crydee to Krondor to Rillanon.
- Harry Potter – Could we really not mention this one? Is there anything to say? Let’s face it, who doesn’t get joy out of the idea of Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans?
- Dorrie the Witch – This is a series of children’s books written by Patricia Coombs. They were popular back when I was little (we won’t say when) and tell the story of Dorrie, a little witch whose hat’s always on crooked and whose socks don’t match. I still love to read these and have begun to collect some of the originals over the past few years.
Now for creating…
- Making Dolls – This has been my favorite thing to do for a long time, and it brings me the greatest joy. I love to bring little creatures to life, to see the sparkle in their tiny eyes, and to imagine just who they are and what they are about.
- Crocheting – This is another long time favorite that has brought me hours of pure pleasure and joy. Even if it’s something as simple as a wash cloth, I love having something to show for the two hours I was sitting on the sofa watching a movie.
Okey dokey, now it’s your turn. What makes you happy? What are some things that brighten your day and make your life worth living?
Best wishes. (And special thanks to Recipe in a Bottle for the idea.)